Recipe provided by Katie Frantz, from cooking club's "go to" recipe night.
1 C. flour
1 C. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 C. milk
2 tsp. baking powder
1 cube of butter or 1/2 C. margarine
1 Qt. bottled peaches (with juice) or 2 cans of "no sugar added" peaches with juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Place butter in 9x13 pan and place in oven until butter is melted.
3. Mix all ingredients, except the bottled fruit, in a medium bowl.
4. Place batter over melted butter. Pour fruit (including the juice) over batter. DO NOT STIR IN FRUIT.
5. Bake for 40 min until golden brown. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or evaporated milk