Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Indian Tandoori Chicken
1 C butter
1 onion, minced
1 T minced garlic
1 (15oz) can tomato sauce
3 C heavy cream
2 tsp salt
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp garam masala
1 1/2 lbs skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
2 T veg oil
2 T tandoori
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Melt a few tablespoons of butter in skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion and garlic, and cook slowly until the onion caramelizes to a dark brown, about 15 min.
3. Meanwhile melt the remaining butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat along with the tomato sauce, heavy cream, salt, cayenne pepper, and garam masala. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low; cover, simmer for 30 min. stirring occasionally. Then stir in caramelized onions.
4. While the sauce is simmering, toss cubed chicken breast with veg oil until coated, then season with tandoori and spread out onto baking sheet.
5. Bake chicken in preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 12 min. Once done, add the chicken to the sauce and simmer for 5 min before serving.
*Don't forget to cook your rice
*I found the tandoori and garam masala at the Co-op (ask they know where it is)
*The Naan bread I found at Winco between the ready to eat fried foods and Asian food aisle